Items on the Roadmap are intended to work as a features wish list and a location for future development discussions. Please use appropriate headings!
Documentation / Design / Marketing
- Plan workflow
- intended uses (projected)
- what we actually build during the day! (actual)
- Create visual brand / copywriting for Oyster
- Gabor's suggestion: Cloud Conference London
- http://www.cloudexpoeurope.com/ 2-3 Feb 2011
- Booth, £305-£345
Client side tools
- Standard build
- Management tool based on Dist::Zilla
- plugins to
- project creation helper
- gather requirements (list of modules used)
- package, commit to git etc.
- initiate deployment
- plugins to
- (via fade) interactively prompt and auto-populate defaults
- Git version control
- Server side deploy script
- possibly invoked by git push action?
- pull down tag from Git
- do DBIC schema deployment
- do arbitrary upgrade tasks
- install modules (when we allow module installation)
- Create Oyster image based on Amazon EC2 Debian Image
- perl 5.12
- web-server (lighty?)
- DBIC / Pg / SQLite
- EC2 target. Shadowcat kindly providing! yay!
- other targets (Rackspace - Marco Fontani)
- Signup to system (Catalyst/Dancer ?)
- Upload/generate SSH keys
- Provision git etc. server (or delegate to github)
- Provision Oyster machine instance
Advanced server management
- e.g. beyond "standard build + git tag"
- persistant CPAN directory (local::lib / PAR ?)
- persistant file stored data
- database server (SQLite / Pg)